Wednesday, June 9, 2010

If you want to know why

This is a question and answer session in which I ask myself questions and then answer them in order to provide the reader with more information. If I ever upgrade this blog and do some work on it (re: figure out how to do that), this Q&A will be in the "about" or the "FAQ" section.

Q: Why do you take pictures of things with faces?

A: I like it.

Q: Why do you like it?

A: I like the surprise of seeing a face when it isn't expected. The faces on houses always make me laugh.

Q: Do you set up your photos?

A: Goodness, no. That would be cheating. And it would take away the surprise of it.

Q: What kind of stories do you write to go along with these faces?

A: Well, those are in the works. They're really more like biographies or character sketches. You can tell a lot from a face, especially if it's an accidental face--like a distracted little hinge on my trombone case. Eventually, I would like to be able to show some type of face-to-face interaction with the faces. I'm not entirely sure what I mean by that, but I would like for some of the faces to serve as a call and response; I would like to catch these faces in conversation.

Q: Do you have an actual job?

A: HA! I'm currently looking for something full-time, but I haven't found anything yet. I graduated two years ago with my MFA in creative writing and I didn't look for a job at first. I had a part-time gig teaching college writing, and I figured that would suffice for a bit. The full-time workload and part-time pay lost its luster right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment